Subconscious Mind Reality
As frequently stated on this website, the subconscious mind plays a huge role in orchestrating your social behavior. It is the source of your choices of how you participate in social transactions. No understanding of the causes and effects of social behavior is possible without knowing the role the subconscious mind plays in social affairs, especially those that impinge on your health and wellbeing. This role is multidimensional. The subconscious mind:
- Makes all of your social choices on autopilot, first
- Controls your endocrine system according to what it decides is going on in your context
Our subconscious mind and the network
The brain of a node on the social network (you) consists of two separate, distinct “minds” – the conscious and the subconscious. Subconscious or unconscious mind, it’s still “Brainiac.” This bifurcation of intellectual functionality is highly significant to MitM health. Essentially all of the communications circulating over the social network are conducted by fast-acting subconscious minds. The invariant genome of humankind took evolution three million years to get man to the Stone Age version we share unchanged today
Your subconscious mind, Brainiac:
- Contains 90% of all the information processing capacity of the whole brain
- Directly receives and processes all sensory information
- Contains and reconfigures your the memory bank while you sleep
- Reacts instantly, without due considerations, to whatever happens to be zooming by
- Operates your endocrine system
- Operates the sensors detecting the world you live in
Your consciousness mind, we call Prudentia, takes the time to consider the relevant facts and produce a logical choice of task action. Your 10% conscious mind, capable of study, reflecting and rational thought, is far too slow for playing in the social sandbox. To the network buzzing with make-believe, implementation truth and logic are seen as setting intolerably bad examples for social interaction. The conclusion that we are simply actuators for executing subconscious-mind imperatives, however, is premature. You have veto power, but it’s on manual, not on automatic.
Because it imagines everything from a memory full of fiction and narratives that it overwrites daily, without bothering to gather facts or use formal logic, it is delusional (false, fixed beliefs). Because it only traffics in garbage, our rambunctious subconscious mind is grossly incompetent in many aspects that impinge on appropriate social behavior and prudent choice-making. In other words, garbage in produces garbage out (GIGO).
To protect you from burns, it will reflexively pull you away from the flames. To protect itself from the truth when the operational reality exposes its make-believe, it will throw you, itself included, under the bus. Fortunately, Nature has provided a means for you to compensate for the loose cannon in your cranium. You can veto acting on the screaming imperatives gushing out of the subconscious mind to create time for triage.
We have great admiration, gratitude, and respect for our subconscious mind. It and it alone is the big-pharma that feeds our shameless addiction to the healthy hormones. like peptide oxytocin. However, when it comes to allocating our efforts, little gets through to implementation that hasn’t been checked out by our 10% conscious minds. Vetting the stream of delusions posted by the 90% subconscious mind, gatekeeping, takes whatever time and energy it takes. Gatekeeping Brainiac is essential in reaching GYAT. Taking the path of least organizational resistance, acting on subconscious imperatives, is express service to dysfunction.
Instead of troubling itself with fact-gathering, thinking, and logic, the subconscious goes with nobrainer groupthink. With business-as-usual taking the place of rational thought, the issue is not about landing in hell but the speed in arriving there.
Since the thinking of MitMs has to be realistic to be effective in implementation world, confront the truth about what has been learned about the unknowable subconscious. Its unalterable characteristics are why, exactly, it is essential to gatekeep your subconscious imperative display monitor. Your effort is all you can control but that is enough to endure and thrive the madness of entitlementers. Treat the idiosyncrasies of your subconscious mind as a constraint, not a barrier. Every implementation of the fix finds the transmutation taking place in a moment, one that everyone engaged remembers in his own way.
There are several natural laws, however, that apply in full to communication systems and control systems of all ecosystems that must be taken into account. The calamity of OD takes hold because the network of subconscious minds comprising a social system is immune to Nature’s laws. It prepared its narrative to justify its choice before it went to your subconscious/conscious interface teleprompter.
The properties, physiognomies, and limitations of your subconscious mind
Functionalities and characteristics
- Perception: sensing and interpreting
- Information storage manager
- Opaque, unknowable, black box, inaccessible to observation
- Seat of emotion, passion
- Instant, reflexive, choice-centered
- Oblivious to mathematical physics
- Black/white, yes/no choices only
- Paranoid about assembling a plausible narrative
- Functions only in the now. Disregards history and ignores the future
- No ethics, morals, scruples
- Library of invariant “human nature” customized to hunter/gather conditions
- Biases and reflexes
- Obedience to authority
- Controls your endocrine system and your immune system
- Sole source of the cranium’s one-way private teleprompter
- Chooses on an impetuous-automatic, unknowable basis, from its storehouse of fiction
- Impervious to
- Feedback of consequences
- Truth, ascertainable facts
- Disturbance lessons-learned
- Never attempts to validate its stores of information as to their “truth”
- It knows nothing of natural law
- It routinely attempts to defy natural law
- Perfectly suited to science fiction
- Entropy-extraction impossibly incompetent
- Oblivious to false and missing information
- Oblivious to feedback of non-confirmatory information
- Oblivious to future, risks, the law of experience
- Oblivious to history. What it stores and recalls is fiction.
- Cannot predict, forecast, check its information quality
- Anti-prying, anti-curious, anti-fact-gathering
- It distrusts and fears the 10% conscious mind as its #1 threat
- Demands faith, blind acquiescence
- Baffled by the 2nd Law, coming and going
- It knows nothing about implementation and cannot speak the idiom
Second order Brainiac attributes
- 100% of the task action imperatives posted on Brainiac’s teleprompter, automatically executed by the entitlementers, are produced by the subconscious. You can’t will anything on the monitor.
- Your subconscious assumes it knows everything (IKE) or enough (ike)
- Everything in its long-term memory library is fiction. What it reads from your reality sensors is distorted beyond recognition by biases before it is recorded.
- It processes on what it has in a centisecond
- It creates “facts” as it deems necessary to defend plausibility of choice
- It cannot distinguish its compilation of fake reality and delusion from material reality
- It cannot implement Gödel’s proof
- It cannot handle negatives – “don’t” and “not” and “if, then”
- It cannot infer or deduce, make conclusions and arguments based on formal logic
- It processes all your senses in a form incongruent with reality. E.g., optical illusions. Your sense of reality manufactured by your subconscious is a compilation of distortions. Your mental model of reality is always a fictional account.
- Defensive: much of its resources goes to the coverup of previous errors
- It will commit any crime to defend its “honor,” including killing its host
- It doesn’t know what is best for you and perforce doesn’t care
- It cannot distinguish right from wrong. It is uninfluenced by morals, ethics, integrity and humanitarianism
- It only knows a manipulated image of the present and reacts, believing its own flawed memory over the facts it faces
- It acts oblivious to consequences, feedback is nonexistent or too slow to be useful.
- It frets over what is already lost by its incompetency
- Normal is illogical and irrational
- Risk indifferent
- Indifferent to your welfare
- Oblivious to inalienable rights
- It cannot handle future, consider potential consequences – it is exclusively nowsight
- It cannot deal with the 2nd Law, ecosystem laws
- It cannot reflect on or filter the information it processes.
- It does not search for actionable-quality facts, it makes stuff up on the fly
- Acts only on its memory, not presented facts
- It cannot foresee, formulate goals and objectives. It doesn’t systematically goal-seek anything.
- It has no benchmark references. It doesn’t check itself against any standards. No stop rules
It’s interesting that the field of social psychology keeps adding to the list of cautions and warnings about the untrustworthy subconscious mind. Science never finds anything reliable about the subconscious that’s useful to implementation. Fortunately, research has taken intuition out of the sociology toolbox, e.g., and nuked it. The supremacy of intuition and common sense in social behavior had a long run as a substitute for the labor of thinking. Potentates proclaim possession of the most common of the common senses and you obey their Brainiac before your own Brainiac.
Common defense mechanisms
Dozens of different defense mechanisms of the untrustworthy subconscious mind’s bad choices have been identified. Some are used more commonly than others. These psychological responses are not under a person’s conscious control. That means you don’t decide what you do when you do it. Here are a few common defense mechanisms:
- Denial: it occurs when you refuse to accept reality or facts. In denial.
- Repression: unsavory thoughts, painful memories, or irrational beliefs.
- Projection: attributing reality to another person.
- Displacement: Kicking the dog when you come home from work.
- Regression: Avoiding everyday activities because they feel overwhelming.
- Rationalization: creating intellectual alibis for bad choices.
- Sublimation: redirecting angst into an object or activity that is appropriate and safe.
- Reaction formation: choosing to behave in opposition to your instincts.
- Compartmentalization: Granulation and dispersion.
- Intellectualization: Fighting a psychological phenomenon with facts.
Living with Plan B, we remind ourselves daily that the same subconscious mind that compels us to make bad choices in Plan A also does yeoman’s service in maintaining Plan B. It only seems like the subconscious mind prefers Plan A. In truth, because it is indifferent, the subconscious mind can be a powerful ally, especially is the arena of creativity and innovation. It takes awhile to accept our subconscious minds as they are, but it comes with Plan B experience.
The order of battle to regain your health is forced by the subconscious mind and invariant human nature. You have psychological health issues because you have given free rein to your subconscious brain, Stone Age model, to direct your efforts. Giving your choice-making needs over to your subconscious is giving access to choice-makers you don’t even know. The grand central station of health is your subconscious.
It is imperative to understand the role of the subconscious mind, a GIGO factory, in choosing your efforts and the speed by which it chooses. The inescapable fact about health determination is that the subconscious mind completes the computations much too fast for any kind of input validity checking or processing logic review. If you will but focus your attention on speed of response, you can learn to tell choice-making by intuition from thoughtful risk management by others. Why so fast? Think Stone Age conditions.
Our Stone Age genome considers measuring the psychological state of interlopers, man or beast, as urgent business. The no-brainer use of intuition to measure health and trustworthiness takes place in less than a centisecond.
In these turbulent, unprecedented times, reflexive choice-making is the borrowing of trouble. Your intuition is so loaded with biases and false assumptions that any choice it makes is inferior to random chance. If you proceed burdened with high anxiety anyway, trust building is impossible. Your “true” status is read by others before you can blink. Game over.